Monday, August 30, 2010

The Right Tools . . .

. . . make all the difference. My first pens were just stationery store variety. I bought some gel rollerball pens at Wall-Mart and they were skipping on the paper at the beginning of my strokes. Yesterday I threw my hands up and went to Currie's, our local art supply store, and I bought 6 Micron pigma pens and 3 Graphic pens with the same pigma ink. What a difference they make. They are a pleasure to use. The smaller nib sizes allow me to put detail in the tiny spaces and the larger nibs are great for bold lines and filling in. These pens were only $1.99 (Canadian) each. 

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I've just been looking online here, if there's any store here that could possibly carry these pens. This is a small place, compared to your city. There's one art supply shop here, that I know of and that's Michaels, but I can't see that they have them.

    ReplyDelete